Monday, November 7, 2016

Pumpkin Date Pudding

Have you ever accidentally mixed some ingredients and made something incredibly delicious? This has happened to me a few times in my experiments, but this one surprised me. I mixed some leftover pumpkin puree with some leftover coconut cream with some leftover date puree. It turned into a pudding and I am so excited this magic decided to make an appearance in my kitchen. It is obviously super simple and with simple ingredients You might think I was slaving over this one for hours, no. Just used a blender and viola! It turns out so rich, creamy and perfect!
It is also a type of cream that you can sub into your coffee (or tea) instead of coffee creamer. I know! Crazy, right?! Well if you are all about buying the pumpkin spice latte creamer to add to your half cup of coffee this time of year- this pudding, creamer, whatever is your healthy solution! Such a great combo- and surprising creaming, thick, and decadent in every way. Seriously- try it!
Pumpkin Date Pudding Recipe
Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, nut, seed, and sugar-free
raw, vegan, and paleo too ;)

1 cup of pumpkin puree* I used Green Valley brand this time around
1 cup of date puree**
1 can of full fat coconut milk
dash of sea salt
1 TB of pumpkin pie spice
(or you can use 2 ts. of ground cinnamon,
1 ts. of ground ginger,
1/2 ts. of ground nutmeg,
1/2 ts. of ground cloves)


*I used some organic pumpkin from the can for this experiment. I know fresh pumpkin puree would work just as well, but if you are making your own pumpkin puree, you MUST blend in a high powered blender first to make the pumpkin soft and creamy before you add. Otherwise your pudding with be stringy and not creamy just like pumpkin is after you bake it before you blend it.

**To make the date puree, pour 1 cup of boiling water over 1 cup of pitted dates. Let sit for 5-10 minutes and then blend in a high powered blender to make the puree. Then, add in the 1 cup of pumpkin puree, and ONLY the cream from the coconut milk from the can. Then add the dash of salt, and spice. Blend again and pour into a glass bowl that you can put a lid on and let it sit in the fridge for up to an hour.  This only helps it stiffen up if you are looking to have a thick custard like pudding. Then it is ready to serve. Serve by itself, or with these Coconut Shortbread cookies . You won't be sad!

I already mentioned, but you can also save pudding cream in the fridge in a covered container and add a scoop to your coffee in the morning too.  

So hope you enjoy this little discovery as much as I do. You could also add come cocoa/melted chocolate chips and blend and make a killer chocolate spice pudding too I bet!

Much love, ENJOY xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment