Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Superfood Cacao Pudding (vegan)

It's simple. It's raw. It's dessert. And, it's good for you. Super-good for you really. The superfoods are just foods that have been used in ancient civilizations for medicinal purposes or extreme nourishment. There are so many benefits listed for each of the foods that it is hard to just list them all together. One of my favorite company's and sites to learn more about the superfoods is at Navitas Naturals. It is so interesting how so many key nutrients can be found in some of these supplementary ingredients. Instead of taking a calcium and iron pill, wouldn't you prefer a pudding treat with chia seeds that have the same benefits? I know I would. And cacao is one of the highest antioxidant powers out there, yes, this is chocolate at it's best, but you are also getting one of the highest dietary supplements of magnesium. Some of these little natural raw ingredients may boost your energy and vitality in life. It may be just the perk you have been looking for to get you to the next level in your health. It is really surprising how yummy it can be too.
This pudding may be a little more textured than you are used to, but the chia seeds and goji berries will not blend to a perfect smooth. Yet, the texture of the pudding is quite satisfying if you ask me. It adds a little pazaz to a simple chocolate pudding. The cashews will cream up very easily after soaking and the sweetness of this pudding is simple, but very satisfying. I hope try this one out, especially if you are curious of how to use and like some of the superfoods. Other than making this pudding, you could use many of the superfood powders in smoothies and cereals.

Superfood Pudding Delite Recipe
1 cup of raw cashews
1 1/4 cup of pure water
1/4 cup of goji berries
1/4 cup of chia seeds

Soak all of the above ingredients in a bowl in the refrigerator for 4 hours, up to 8 hours.

After soaking the above ingredients, pour them into a blender, vitamix, or food processor.

Then add:
1/4 cup of cold hemp milk or coconut milk beverage milk will also work here
1/4 cup of raw agave nectar or raw honey will work here too, but will not be vegan

Then blend for about a minute and add a touch more hemp milk if you want the consistency to be creamier or if the blending process is being stopped because you need more liquid. Start with 1/4 cup of milk and then add more depending on your desire.
It is just that simple. Perhaps you are trying to follow a more raw diet this summer and need something to feed your chocolate cravings. This is it. It's delectable and delicious!

I hope you enjoy... much love to you today!

4 comments:

  1. That certainly sounds like a SUPERFOOD treat! I can't wait to try this, and I'll definitely use my favorite So Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk beverage when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail- So Delicious vanilla coconut milk will work perfectly with this recipe for sure! I used the hemp my first time I made it because it is what I had in the fridge at the time, but would have used coconut for sure and will next time I whip it up... it would make it taste even creamier and perfect. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how awesome! I love this idea. Definitely need to restock my cacao powder ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I had to restock of few of my "superfoods" before making this one, that is what inspired me to use them...it was yummy, and will probably make again. I also froze a little bowl and it tasted like ice cream for sure. yum!

    ReplyDelete