Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer Favorites

I have been a busy little bee of late, and I am hoping to slow down soon. I just entered my 3rd trimester of pregnancy and the 100+ degree weather is making me move a lot slower than I am used too. Yet, I have not created anything crazy new in the last few days in the kitchen, I have been having fun making some old summer favorites with all the fresh foods and friends gatherings. Last weekend I made...





Those are just some of my favorites to make this time of year. The cherries in Michigan are sweet and juicy and ready for the picking and baking. Last weekend I was able to buy some sweet cherries from the famous cherry capital of Michigan and made the cobbler above we enjoyed for breakfast, lunch and dessert :) And the coconut ice cream is a delectable delite in 100 degree weather let me tell ya. I am thankful, I have air conditioning, so I cannot complain much. Overall, it is just an overwhelming wonderful time of year to enjoy friends, fresh food and the great outdoors. I hope you are able to soak up every minute of it! Part of the healing journey is to embrace the little things in life that bring you joy, love and peace. Don't let yourself be buried under stress and fear. Break out of your shell this week and find little things every day to embrace your wellness and health. It is always a good reminder that your being is so much more valuable than the material things that pass us by. So take care of yourself today, drink an ice tea on the porch and enjoy some fresh foods from the garden or tree.. I know you won't regret it. It's for you!

Much love to you today!


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you're already in your third trimester! You just told us you were expecting like, the other day! :) Time flies. At least, for me. Take care of yourself, and if you have extra beans, send them my way! Those look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your pregnancy! I had no idea!

    I love your blog, can't wait to try these treats!

    ~Alyssa

    ReplyDelete